What is content intelligence?
Content intelligence is the process of combining various software with the capabilities of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to conduct market research and gain insights into the effectiveness of certain types of content. This enables marketers to come up with high-quality content strategies that will guarantee results.
Simply put, it is a tool that allows you to create better content and eliminates the need to constantly guess what users want to see on your website.
Content intelligence is without a doubt the future of content marketing. Its power lies in the capability of predicting future performance on real-time data. It can lead to an improvement in leads, customer engagement, and brand recognition.
It plays an essential role in answering the below questions:
- What content to share?
- What material to read next?
- Which content needs to be updated?
- Which content should be promoted?
- How and where should the content be promoted?
- Methods to overcome “content shock”
The working model
Content intelligence utilizes several existing artificial intelligence-enabled technologies to analyze the content personality that can be further applied to content marketing. These include:
- Machine learning– Uses a huge set of data (Big Data) to analyze the tone of your content, identify patterns, and make decisions.
- Natural language processing (NLP) – This subset of AI focuses on enabling computers to utilize human language to determine the purpose of the content and direct it to the relevant topic.
- Natural language generation (NLG): Once the language is learned, NLG helps to create and curate content such as product descriptions on your website.
Main steps to content intelligence process:
- Data collection: Businesses can benefit from tools that provide data on content and customer behaviour. With tools like Google Analytics, Semrush, VWO Insights, and others, you can collect the data required for your content strategy. Relevant data from various sources include:
- Areas where your company’s content is successful as to the competition
- Content and trends on social media
- Customer surveys
- Web analytics
- Data analysis: The data collected in the previous step is analyzed to spot patterns, trends, and correlations.
- Insight generation and recommendations: This step involves identifying and providing actionable insights to:
- Improve content effectiveness
- Boost ROI
- Provide a better customer experience
- Predict future trends
- How to improve the content strategy going forward
Benefits of content intelligence
- Understand target audience: Content intelligence provides solid data to know your audience’s behaviour better. This helps in producing quality user-centred content and wooing the right audience
- Increased traffic: The quality of your content plays a significant role in SEO (search engine optimization). If your content ranks higher, the click-through rate (CTR) of your page will increase, which will result in more sales.
- More conversions: Content intelligence helps in identifying the topics that target the right users. These users are more likely to convert to leads or customers.
- Improved marketing team efficiency: Content intelligence provides reliable, data-driven insights to the marketing teams guiding them efficiently towards creating meaningful content for the target audience and generating results.
- Improved personalization and customer experience: The right form of intelligence gathered makes it easier for the marketing teams to provide personalized content resulting in immense user experience.
- Competitive intelligence: Through content intelligence, your organization will have the ability to analyze the content of your competitors to see how they compare to your strategy.
- Optimize existing content: Along with creating new content, content intelligence also helps in updating existing content bringing in significant benefits and saving time.
Content intelligence platforms
Using software tools for competitive intelligence can automate the process and generate faster results. Some of the popular ones are as follows:
Content marketers can use this software application to identify and recreate the most popular content on the web. Having access to this kind of information makes it easy to find trending topics to cover in your writing.
This content intelligence app helps to improve your SEO efforts by showing what keyword your competition is ranking for and what they’re promoting on Google Ads.
This tool is specifically for companies who want to boost their marketing strategies and make more informed decisions about content creation.
Trends and keywords are becoming more and more important as we move into a new era of digital marketing. Creating blog posts and videos that go unread and unwatched could be a waste if you do not use content intelligence tools to accomplish this. Rather than ignoring technology, it is far better to embrace it and start using the tools available to you, such as those listed here. This will help you streamline your content creation process and pinpoint what exactly your target audience wants.