Top 13 Best A/B Testing Tools in 2023
Aren’t we all familiar with the saying “A good workman never blames his tools”?
This means that what matters more is not what you use, but how you use it. Your ability to use the tool properly is important to get the job done.
I never really vouched for it. How do you expect a doctor to treat you properly if there are no advanced and efficient pieces of equipment for making the right diagnosis in the first place?
Quite honestly, it’s the same when you’re in the experimentation arena and looking for an A/B testing tool, also called split URL testing tools, to improve conversions through this exercise.
In fact, you can only expect your team to show results when you provide them with the right testing tools to work with. The right tool brings out their best skills and helps move business metrics forward by allowing the testing of ideas before launching them. Having said that, we don’t mean you should become complacent with your team’s current skill set. It’s not until you have both – the right tool and the necessary expertise – that you can reverse a low conversion rate by implementing effective ideas.
But how do you recognize which A/B test tool fits your business needs in the first place? Especially in a saturated market that is overflowing with over a hundred testing options.
To save you time and hassles, we list the top 13 A/B testing tools you can pick from in this blog.
Table of Contents
- Top qualities that make a great A/B testing tool
- Best among the rest – Our recommendation
- Now it’s your turn to decide!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before we dive in, let’s discuss the characteristics you can’t compromise on when choosing the best A/B testing software for your business. It’s a practical question to ask yourself. And we will give you the answer below.
Top qualities that make a great A/B testing tool
Supports Different Types of Testing: When you’re looking for an A/B testing tool, don’t be fooled by the name. You’d want a tool that gives you the flexibility to run any type of test – starting from A/B tests and Mobile app testing to Split URL testing, Full stack, and Multivariate tests – depending on your requirements.
Effect on Load Time: Synchronous code runs in a linear order and may block the web, landing pages, or product pages from rendering until the code is fully executed. This can cause delays in page load times, impacting user experience negatively. On the other hand, asynchronous code allows web or landing pages to load faster by executing code in the background.
Some of the best split testing tools offer both types of code implementations which allow you to choose an approach that works best for you.
Intuitive Interface: If an A/B testing tool has an intuitive user interface, you or your team can have a quick one-time training to get started, and an ongoing extensive dependency on IT teams is not required.
So, when choosing from the top testing tools, look for how easy it is to use. Can you set up A/B tests quickly? Are the labels and cues easy to understand? You can sign-up for a free trial to experience the look and feel of it before making your final call.
Advanced Targeting: Look for an A/B testing tool that can target tests to specific groups of people based on landing page URL, location, times, device, traffic source, and other conditions.
Advanced targeting allows you to target specific groups with specific tests to learn more about their behavior on your website and create a better customer experience.
Maximum Integrations: The A/B testing tool you use should be integrable with as many meaningful third-party platforms as possible for a seamless export and import of data to enrich and launch marketing campaigns across platforms. The best A/B testing software is that lets you build your own custom integrations or build an integration you request!
Accurate Test Results and Analysis: Below are some questions you can ask the vendor of an A/B testing tool:
- What is your methodology for calculating statistically significant A/B testing results?
- What level of confidence do you typically use for determining statistical significance in A/B tests?
- How does your tool account for factors like sample size and confidence level in determining significance?
Only when your test results are accurate, you can make changes. And when your experiment results are statistically significant, you can be sure that they’re not just due to chance or random variation.
At the same time, you must look if the tool lets you interpret A/B test results by offering easy data visualization techniques. The quicker you can infer from your test results, the faster you can make data-driven business decisions.
Customer Support: Features and capabilities are of course important when you’re choosing a tool. But some of the best A/B testing tools stand out for offering high-quality customer support. Is there a support system you can fall back on in case you face any problems using a feature? Is assistance offered through various channels like email, phone, live chat, or help center? Having reliable customer support gives you peace of mind and also ensures that you’re leveraging the tool correctly and effectively.
VWO has the best support team of any SaaS platform I’ve worked with, without a doubt. The level of personalized, direct support that we receive on a regular basis is just incredible. We have vendors with support teams in the same time zone as us who aren’t nearly as responsive as VWOScott Antrobus, Product Manager, Weekends Only Furniture & Mattress
Alright, now that we’ve got an idea of what qualities to look for in an A/B testing tool, it’s time for you to discover our top picks for A/B testing tools.
VWO is an experimentation platform that offers a suite of tightly integrated capabilities to unify customer data, discover customer behavioral insights, run A/B tests on server, web, and mobile, rollout features, personalize experiences, and improve customer experience across the entire buying journey. As one of the pioneering testing tools, VWO started with the industry-standard drag-and-drop editor in 2010 but has since evolved into an enterprise-grade platform. From code editor to multi-armed bandit testing features and everything in between – this A/B testing software can take your website optimization strategy to the next level.
- Tightly connected to behavioral insights analytics tools that allow you to make data-driven decisions
- No flickering is ensured for client-side testing with a single-line asynchronous smart code
- SDK-based server-side tests mean no latency and allow users to conduct omnichannel experiments across devices
- Bayesian-powered SmartStats shows accurate test performance even without requiring a large sample size and in real-time
- User data, segments, and customer profiles from VWO Data360, the CDP, enrich the personalization of experiences across digital properties
- Less advanced feature management as it is not the core offering of the platform.
- A product recommendation engine is missing which can take personalization of customer experiences to the next level.
- VWO Testing Web
- Starter – Free
- Growth – $321 per month, billed annually
- Pro – $739 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise – $1294 per month, billed annually
- VWO Mobile App
- Enterprise – $1595, per month, billed annually
- VWO Testing – Server Side
- Enterprise – $2279 per month, billed annually
Check out more about pricing and plans.
Our take on this tool: This all-comprehensive website optimizer offers nearly all the necessary A/B features to enrich your conversion optimization program. But if you find the pricing plans to be expensive at present, you could consider testing out the starter plan. Later on, when your business expands and optimization needs increase, you can upgrade to any paid plan to try more features on this A/B testing software.
Google offers a free A/B testing tool called Google Optimize, while its premium version is known as Optimize 360. With Google Optimize, SMBs can run A/B tests with a limited number of experiment objectives and simultaneous experimentation and personalization. The paid version, Optimize 360, offers extra bandwidth for A/B testing features and capabilities to support enterprise-level businesses
- High loading speed ranges between 210-220 ms due to an advanced anti-flicker snippet across the platform (applicable to both versions)
- Delivering personalized digital experiences is possible using targeting options like audience targeting, geotargeting, behavioral targeting, and first-party cookie targeting on both Google Optimize and Optimize 360
- Modification of dynamic websites and single-page applications is possible through activation events on both versions
- Multivariate testing with up to 36 combinations, can run over 100 experiments simultaneously, and perform more than 100 personalizations on Optimize 360
- Advanced features like Mutually Exclusive Campaigns and customizable widgets are absent.
- Reporting relies heavily on Google Analytics and is not in real-time
- Even in the premium version, there are limitations to the number of experiment objectives and combinations of multivariate testing
Google Optimize is one of the best A/B testing tools for beginners in testing who want to learn and explore the features. When you opt for Google Optimize 360, you get a customized quote and invoices on a monthly basis.
Our take on this tool: Despite the additional bandwidth for certain testing features in the paid version, key functionalities like feature rollout and unlimited bandwidth for running concurrent experiments are missing. Further, the visual editor is not as intuitive as editors found in other testing tools.
Google Optimize will be discontinued on September 30th, 2023. If you’re a current Google Optimize user, there’s good news. You can quickly migrate to VWO in just 30 seconds for uninterrupted and conduct free A/B testing for up to 50k monthly visitors. Email us now – Google Optimize Migration.
Wonder why we say Multi-armed Bandit testing is an advanced testing feature? To learn how it can contribute to your bottom line, watch this webinar.
Optimizely is a Digital Experience Platform with capabilities ranging from web and feature experimentations to web content management systems and personalization engines. With this platform, you can run low to no-code experiments as well as SDK-based server-side testing. Optimizely also facilitates omnichannel experimentation across mobile and OTT. Additionally, Optimizely has a Customer Data Platform (CDP) under its umbrella that harmonizes customer data and enables the launch of highly personalized multichannel campaigns.
- The Stats Engine follows the Sequential Hypothesis testing that improves the accuracy of test performance and offers strong segmentation capabilities
- Advanced targeting native integrations are available in the server-side experimentation
- Supports MAB and Mutually Exclusive Campaigns
- Project management capabilities are available on both client and server-side testing
- Switching between snippets and mini-snippets causes performance issues and delays the website loading time
- The Visual Editor lacks advanced features like widgets and adding new elements to web pages
- Visitor behavioral insights are not available
- Too expensive for small and medium companies
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: Optimizely offers a range of features that can help start or advance any experimentation program. However, due to its relatively high cost, the platform is typically only affordable for enterprise-level companies.
4. AB Tasty
AB Tasty is an experience optimization platform that empowers brands to deliver positive customer experience through AI-powered experimentation and optimization. Apart from client-side testing, the tool also offers personalization and audience activation. Flagship by AB Tasty allows you to run server-side tests and minimizes the risk of future feature releases with flagging and progressive rollouts across multiple devices, apps, and software.
- An extensive library of widgets to explore, to add to your test variations
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor to make changes to your webpage without involving your development team
- Personalization and targeting engine lets you craft frictionless and granular tailored customer journeys on your website
- User behavior insights are not available
- Reporting infrastructure may seem complicated for beginners
- Implementation documentation doesn’t help a lot in solving user queries
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: While AB Tasty is one of the easiest split testing tools with excellent feature management capabilities, it may not fully meet the expectations of users seeking dedicated customer support and comprehensive implementation documentation.
5. Adobe Target
Adobe Target is enterprise-grade software that meets the requirements of mature experimentation teams. The split testing software lets you conduct A/B as well as Multivariate tests to create the most effective combinations of content, UX, and layout on your digital properties every time. By leveraging Target’s customer profiles, you can create a personalized user experience across channels. With its AI-powered automation features, you can test and personalize at scale, which is beyond the scope of manual approaches.
- Supports client-side, server-side, and mobile app testing capabilities to help you make changes to your digital properties
- AI-based recommendation engine lets you deliver personalized experiences throughout a customer journey
- Easy integration with Adobe Analytics helps with advanced audience segments and reporting
- Reporting is underpinned by the Frequentist model which requires large sample sizes and does not let you quantify the extent of win of the winning variation
- Users have to rely on Adobe Analytics for reporting and does not have its own reporting dashboard
- Server-side SDKs do not support third-party integrations
- Pricey option as the tool positions itself as an ‘enterprise-grade’ software
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: Adobe Target is worth giving a try given its AI-powered personalization features and testing capabilities. However, its user interface is not as intuitive and simple as other A/B testing tools available out there. Further, Target’s high price point makes it an elusive choice for SMBs and an appropriate option for enterprise brands.
Dynamic Yield is an experience optimization platform that combines client-side testing and server-side testing and utilizes a Predictive Targeting engine to extend personalization to more specific audience segments. With this platform, you can create effective recommendation strategies to nudge audiences through the conversion funnel and even offer tailored offers and content to individual visitors.
- AdaptML, a self-training deep learning system, enhances digital experiences by predicting customers’ next-best products
- Run server-side tests with zero latency across your tech stack
- Test and roll out features on any device targeted to specific segments
- A combination of Bayesian statistics and multi-armed bandit (MAB) algorithms drives optimal outcomes based on specific business objectives
- The absence of behavioral analytics tools limits the ability to analyze user behavior on websites
- Lacks helpful capabilities such as project management and an idea factory that ensure seamless team collaboration
- Certain features may require technical expertise to be implemented effectively
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: By and large, Dynamic Yield is an advanced omnichannel personalization platform and offers testing features as a part of their ‘Optimize’ solution. If you are seeking A/B testing tools that allow easy implementation without requiring extensive technical knowledge, there are other simpler split testing software you may look into.
Kameleoon is a unified optimization platform that offers web, full stack, and feature experimentation capabilities. From experimentation leaders to product managers and developers, the platform caters to the unique requirements of multiple buyer personas. Supporting 30+ integrations, Kameleoon can fit into your tech stack without hassles. Moreover, its AI-backed personalization solutions let you deliver individualized user experiences in real-time.
- Create and target audience segments using Kameleoon AI for hyper-personalized experiences
- Option to switch between Frequentist and Bayesian statistical models. Easy-to-understand reports and real-time results
- Strong custom-based targeting capabilities are available on Kameleoon Full Stack
- Behavioral insights and project management capabilities are missing
- Advanced features like Mutually Exclusive Campaigns and Post-test segmentation of reports are absent
- Sometimes writing multiple lines of code can slow down your website
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: While Kameleoon is a viable choice for performing A/B tests and providing tailored experiences, it does not provide much visibility into user behavior on your website.
Oracle Maxymiser Testing and Optimization offer sophisticated website testing, in-session personalized experiences, real-time behavioral targeting, and product recommendations across websites and apps. Furthermore, Oracle Infinity Behavioral Intelligence-powered heatmaps allow users to gain deeper insights into customers’ digital journeys and discover new testing opportunities from them.
- Easy switching between visual and code editing that lets both technical and non-technical users set up a test
- Advanced targeting and visitor segmentation take the personalization of user experiences to the next level
- Create, modify, and launch mobile app campaigns on both Android and iOS operating systems
- A steep learning curve may require you to hire Oracle consultants for training and implementation
- Considerable time is taken to execute a campaign and create test reports
- No free trial is available and the pricing falls on the more expensive side of the range
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: Oracle Maxymiser has significant testing and personalization capabilities but mastering it might involve a learning curve. Moreover, the absence of a free trial option makes it challenging to assess whether this A/B testing platform is a suitable fit for your needs.
SiteSpect is an all-encompassing tool that lets you drive revenue with A/B tests, deliver personalized experiences to the right audiences at the right time, and feature release testing. In addition, the platform lets you add product recommendations anywhere on your webpage without requiring any help from your development team. SiteSpect calls itself the only A/B testing solution that offers advanced optimization capabilities regardless of whether a website is a traditional site or a SPA.
- Easy setting up of several metrics and filtering of testing results lets you dive deep into the statistical analysis
- Supports A/B, multivariate testing, and server-side testing, with results available through a comprehensive dashboard
- No flickering effect and ensures high performance across all devices
- Behavioral analysis is possible only when integrated with third-party platforms like Fullstory or Hotjar
- The absence of a CDP prevents the fullest utilization of customer data to improve optimization programs
- Not as intuitive as other A/B testing tools and many users have to undergo a learning curve to fully utilize its capabilities
Pricing: You’ve to request pricing.
Our take on this tool: While Sitespect is a suitable choice to kick-start your experimentation journey, it doesn’t support MAB, advanced features in the visual editor, in-built connectivity to behavioral insights, and pre-built widgets. You may look for other testing options if you can’t overlook these features for creating and running your tests.
Convert Experiences is an A/B testing platform with enterprise-grade testing features at self-service prices. You can set up a range of tests starting from A/B testing and split URL testing to multi-page and multivariate testing. Using this A/B testing software, you can explore the visual editor to pull off simple A/B tests as well as switch to the code editor to make changes that are more complex in nature for improved conversions. The audience targeting engine with over 40 filtering options lets you target your tests to relevant and intended sets of users.
- Post segmentation based on types of visitors, devices used, and campaign clicked allows slicing and dicing of reports
- Integrable with several third-party tools to turn your data into useful insights to be used on different other platforms
- SmartInsert ensures flicker-free client-side testing, with variation switching in 200-300 ms on the first load and 10-50ms on repeat loads
- Code editor allows you to conduct complex experiments
- Mobile app testing and feature testing and management are unavailable. Server-side testing is available in beta
- Dependence on IT to add new elements to your website as no library of pre-built widgets is available
- Necessary to implement multiple code snippets to achieve SPA compatibility, which makes testing dynamic websites a cumbersome process
- Community Web – $99 per month
- Community Full – $199 per month
- Monthly – $699
- Annually – $8392
- Monthly – $ 1,119
- Annually – $13, 432
- Enterprise – Price on request
Our take on this tool: Convert allows for various types of testing, but the absence of mobile app testing, a widget library, and necessary code-driven SPA support may hinder the comprehensive optimization of user experiences.
Omniconvert comprises Explore to test insights and run experiments, Reveal to monitor and nurture eCommerce customers, and Survey to help businesses gather valuable user feedback. This A/B testing software enables you to design A/B tests for your website visitors across multiple platforms. With over 40 segmentation parameters, you can gain insights into your visitors’ demographics, product views, and browsing history, allowing you to provide a personalized customer experience and improve your conversion rate.
- The intuitive and easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor allows you to launch A/B tests quickly
- Switch between Frequentist or Bayesian statistics engines based on your conversion goals and needs
- A powerful statistical engine allows the creation of relevant and tailored user experiences at an individual level
- The UI seems complex with too many functions and can be made more user-friendly for designers and marketers
- MAB, Multivariate testing, Mutually Exclusive Campaigns, and Server-side testing are missing
- Start – Free
- Monthly – $299
- Annual – $2999
- Enterprise – Custom Quote
Our take on this tool: Omniconvert’s visual and code editor will allow you to run A/B tests on your digital properties. But this A/B testing platform lacks capabilities like server-side testing, behavioral analytics, and project management for teams with mature experimentation requirements.
LaunchDarkly is a feature management platform that aims to make software feature releases safe. The platform lets you have precise control over the customer experience, allowing you to conduct safe testing in production, obtain valuable feedback from users, and accelerate product release cycles. It lets you test new features wrapped in feature flags and define metrics to measure success.
- Faster iterations are based on continuous user feedback to constantly improve the product
- Super easy to turn any feature off with just a click of a switch
- Effortlessly transition to cloud infrastructure and migrate data to a new warehouse
- The UI can be confusing for new users who might need a bit of hand-holding to understand the functionalities
- No facility to conduct web testing using a drag-and-drop editor, which could reduce the involvement of IT and product teams
- Monthly – $10 per seat per month
- Annual – $8.33 per seat per month
- Monthly – $20 per seat per month
- Annual – $16.67 per seat per month
- Monthly & Annual – Have to get a quote
Our take on this tool: LaunchDarkly is a good choice if your team comprises product managers who are thorough with the operations of feature flags and know how to leverage them for testing. Also, given the price of each seat, it can get expensive for SMBs.
Curious to discover more about feature flags? How about watching a webinar to clear all your doubts?
Statsig is a growth platform designed to enable faster and safer shipping of products, automate A/B testing, and analyze the impact of every feature change on your key performance metrics. The tool integrates seamlessly with any data warehouse hosting your data, allowing for greater flexibility in data processing. Its stats engine processes raw events, exposure events, and pre-computed metrics to enrich your experimentation strategy.
- Native support is available for the most popular language libraries for feature management
- Easy team collaboration and direct workflow review are possible in the Statsign console
- 360-degree product visibility by combining experimentation with real-time analytics to ensure organizational alignment
- Calls for technical expertise to perform complex experiments
- Analytics tools for visitor behavior insights are missing
Pricing: Free plan, event-based pricing, and custom-annual pricing
Our take on this tool: Statsig emerges as a feasible choice for product development and testing multiple variants to ensure risk-free launch features. Given the technical expertise needed to master this platform, this may not be ideal for launching straightforward A/B tests and is not very user-friendly for non-technical professionals like designers and marketers.
Best among the rest – Our recommendation
With so many amazing testing tools available, it can be tough to choose the best A/B testing platform that fits your needs. But we suggest that you go for VWO for the right reasons. No matter your level of expertise in working with various CRO tools, this A/B testing tool meets your needs seamlessly. Here’s how:
If you’re an organization that’s just entering the arena of testing and optimization and wants to take baby steps at the moment…
You’ll appreciate that VWO offers a free plan for up to 50k monthly visitors, giving you the chance to test the waters without investing. And as your testing needs grow, you can easily upgrade to a paid plan and access even more advanced features. Plus, with our 30-day trial, you can test out all of VWO’s capabilities before committing. And with our industry-best CSAT score of 99%, you can trust that you’re in good hands.
If you’re an enterprise-level business that’s majorly focused on driving results and growth via experimentation…
VWO is the go-to choice for advanced testing requirements. With features like multi-page campaigns, server-side testing, and post-test visitor segmentation, you’ll have everything you need to drive testing results and growth through experimentation. VWO’s selling point is its top-of-the-line customer support. With 24/5 support, you always count on quick resolution of any issues.
If your business wants more than A/B testing to take a holistic approach to digital user experience optimization…
- Our customer data platform lets you collect and unify customer data from across channels, so you can create highly-targeted audience segments and launch personalized campaigns on the VWO platform.
- You can also export user data, segments, and customer profiles to optimize marketing campaigns from any platform of your choice.
- VWO Data360’s metrics module allows you to create rule-based metrics to analyze detailed KPIs in your campaigns retrospectively.
- You can track complex and custom business metrics, including North Star, revenue, guardrail, and optimization metrics.
Our Customers’ Triumphs – How we helped them succeed
✅Human Interest, a US-based SaaS company leveraged VWO FullStack to integrate with Contentful and enhance lead generation on their landing pages by running server-side experiments. It was hypothesized that showing the contact form above-the-fold would improve the conversion rate. Indeed, they achieved a 3.77% rise in form submissions and a 74.84% increase in the number of scheduled calls with potential customers.
✅Hush Blankets, a Canada-based company, partnered with VWO to find friction on – the cart page (mobile) and product page for Hush Classic (desktop). The pages were revamped using the VWO Visual Editor, and the test ran for 15 days. The team saw an uplift of 5.67% in their conversion rate (visits to the checkout page), further a 33.15% uplift in the checkout rate, and an overall revenue gain of 51.32%.
✅Penn Foster, a for-profit online college based in Scranton, was concerned with low returns from paid campaigns. The team directed the paid traffic to a new landing page with only relevant information and specific CTA buttons. They believed that this would also help them improve the lifetime value of enrolled leads. The test was a big success with the click-to-lead conversion rate increasing by 202% and the click-to-enrolment rate rising as well.
Check out more success stories now.
Our account manager is very responsive, stays in touch and actively resolves our issues / concerns. One thing I asked for was to keep the filter selections when going back to the same page, as it was very annoying having to re-select filter items, and a few months later it was done. They also offered training for my new starter which is very helpful.Jen L. (Small-Business)
VWO is an incredibly user-friendly and powerful testing platform that has helped us optimize our website and increase conversions. The visual editor makes it easy to create and modify experiments without coding knowledge, which has allowed us to test quickly. The platform’s advanced targeting and segmentation capabilities allow us to test specific user segments and gain insights into their behavior, unlocking more tests and filling our backlog. We particularly love VWO’s heatmaps and session recordings, which provide valuable information on how users interact with our website. The customer support team is also excellent, always willing to assist with any questions or issues we encounter. Overall, VWO is a fantastic tool that has become an integral part of our optimization process.Alex A.(Mid-Market)
VWO Editor makes it very easy to set up variations and also a custom code feature which makes it possible to do changes for more complex experiments. It is very good compared to competitors.Sahil N. (Enterprise)
Now it’s your turn to decide!
Did you enjoy checking out our top picks for the best A/B testing tools? We totally get it, selecting the best A/B testing platform for your needs can be tricky because every tool has its own strengths and weaknesses. Take your time and do a thorough comparison to make the best decision for your business. And if you ever need help, just remember that we at VWO have always got your back. To explore how we can help, you can start a free trial today. Here’s to testing and embracing growth!
Frequently Asked Questions
To create a successful A/B testing framework or strategy, it is crucial to:
1. Define your goal – identify which metric you want to improve by implementing the test.
Make observations – understand your website friction and identify any issues by conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
2. Formulate a hypothesis – use insights from user behavior analysis to create a hypothesis.
Run tests – conduct A/B tests for a sufficient period to obtain statistically significant results.
3. Calculate the A/B test duration here.
4. Interpret results – analyze the test results carefully to make data-driven decisions and implement the winning variation.
5. Conduct post-test analysis – analyze the results and identify areas for improvement in your test report.
With these steps, you can create a structured and effective A/B testing framework or strategy that leads to actionable insights and meaningful improvement in your website or app.
If your in-house team lacks the necessary expertise to spearhead an end-to-end app or website optimization program, you can hire professionals offering A/B testing services. At VWO, our success team can identify optimization opportunities, create tests, and analyze learnings to help build an experimentation culture in your organization. So, if you’re looking for an integrated experimentation platform as well as top-notch professional assistance, VWO should be your top choice.
Once you’ve read this blog, you will not need to search anywhere for A/B testing tools comparison. This blog lists the best A/B testing software that are at the top of their game and truly elevate digital experiences. We’ve discussed their pros and cons to help you make a sound choice based on your testing needs.
Not all website testing tools offer mobile app testing capability. If you’re looking for mobile app testing tools, you can consider opting for VWO which makes mobile app testing a breeze. VWO offers lightweight SDKs for iOS, Android, and other widely used backend languages. Once you integrate the mobile app SDK, VWO will generate API keys that you can use for initializing your iOS and Android apps. For a detailed explanation of the steps involved, please refer to our guide.
There are a number of tools available for A/B testing and you can choose one depending on your business goals and the complexity of the multiple tests you want to run. We discussed the best-split testing tools like VWO, Optimizely, Kameleoon, and AB Tasty in this blog. After you’ve gone through each of their pros and cons, you can decide which tool to invest in.
A/B testing tools allow you to test two different versions of a website element to see which one improves your business metric. You can set conversion goals, create variations, split audiences, and even analyze your test results through data visualization charts on these testing tools. With some of the best-split testing tools, you can even slice and dice test reports to evaluate how a test performed for a specific segment. To get more insights into each of these steps, you can read our comprehensive guide.
Before you choose an experimentation platform, it’s important to make careful considerations and be aware of limitations. For example, if your website doesn’t get enough traffic, it can be a tad difficult to get statistically significant results. In that case, you would want to explore ways to increase the flow of relevant website traffic first and then get a tool to run a test. Here’s a blog you may want to read to learn more about testing on low-traffic websites.
Also, avoid A/B testing if your hypothesis is not data-driven and is solely based on guesswork. To determine if a test can enhance the user experience, it’s crucial to base your idea on user behavior across your website. WO’s experimentation platform stands out from others by offering both behavior analysis and testing capabilities, ensuring that your tests are based on solid hypotheses derived from user insights.
When running an A/B test on any testing tools, choose a metric that aligns with the goals of your business model. For instance,
if you run an eCommerce business, you’d focus on metrics like average order value, revenue per visitor, or conversion metrics like page visits or email subscriptions.
On the other hand, if yours is a SaaS website and you want to run a test on it, you’d want to set metrics like free trial conversions, form submissions, subscriptions, customer lifetime value, and so on.
You’d also want to look at bounce rates irrespective of your business model to understand if users are engaged or prematurely leaving your website without converting.