Customer problem: Though VWO FullStack has advanced reporting capabilities, often customers want to send the following data items from FullStack campaigns other services and systems :
- What test was a user part of and what variation did the user experience.
- Details of the conversion tracked.
Common data destinations are analytics tools – Mixpanel, Segment; BI tools like Tableau or Data warehouses like AWS Redshift etc. To accomplish the above mentioned, customers have to use workarounds and write a lot of custom code.
Our solution: Going forward VWO FullStack SDK’s will provide a mechanism in form of callback functions (Incase of NodeJS SDK) and class methods(In case of Python, Ruby, etc) respectively to provide developers all the data captured by our SDK’s. This data can be sent to customer’s own data destinations along with populating reports in the VWO FullStack dashboard.
The data object which is made available by our SDK’s is exhaustive and contains all information pieces captured by our SDK’s :
The following SDK’s have support for the above mentioned data-export functionality:
- VWO Python SDK– version 1.13.0
- VWO Java SDK– version 1.12.0
- VWO PHP SDK – version 1.14.0
- VWO JS(NodeJS) SDK– version 1.14.0
Documentation for data export can be found here: https://developers.vwo.com/reference#fullstack-integrations
Code snippet for NodeJS SDK:
Common destinations for VWO FullStack A/B testing data:
- Analytics tools like – Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude.
- Data warehouses like – Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake.
- CDP systems like Segment.com, mParticle.
With the ability to send VWO data to other systems, it is easier than ever to leverage the benefits of experimentation across the breadth of tools used by your team. We can’t wait to see what you build with it.