The following visitor information is stored by VWO servers:
- Unique User Identifier (UUID) – VWO stores visitor UUID information in pseudonymized format.
- For customers using post-segmentation option, VWO servers store user agent data of the visitor, including device type, and browser information. The following data is used for viewing post-segmentation reports of your website visitors:
- IP Address of the visitor in an anonymized format. You can configure what level of anonymization you want to implement using the instructions here.
- URL of the pages where the tests are running
- Referring URL where the user came from to your website
- Type of visitor – new or returning
- Location information like country, city, and region. You can select what level of location information you want to store here.
- Device information used to access website like OS, user agent, mobile/tablet/desktop, and browser information.
- Time of the visitor action or goals data like clicks, scrolls, revenue, etc
VWO servers process additional data type for Analyze and research features like Heatmaps, Recording, Scrolls, and other behavioural information.
- Recordings of all actions visitor take on the website to analyze user behaviour in video format. Encryption of all DOM mutation and HTML data of recordings. To understand how to anonymize or whitelist recording data, click here.
- Scroll data to understand the depth of user interaction on your website content
- Mouse movements to analyze visitor behaviour on a page
- Device orientation and change behaviour for mobile devices
- HTML content of the webpage
- For Surveys, VWO servers store encryption of user typed data in the form