VWO uses the following cookies to track users and test information:
- _vis_opt_exp_EXPERIMENT_ID_goal_GOAL_ID: This cookie is generated when a goal is created.
- _vis_opt_test_cookie: This is a temporary session cookie generated to detect if the cookies are enabled on the user browser or not.
- _vis_opt_exp_EXPERIMENT_ID_combi: This cookie is generated when users reach a particular combination. This cookie ensures that users see the same variation that they saw on their previous visit to the page.
- _vis_opt_exp_EXPERIMENT_ID_exclude: This cookie is generated when a user is excluded from a test.
- _vis_opt_exp_EXPERIMENT_ID_split: This cookie is generated during a Split URL test.
- _vis_opt_s: This cookie detects if the user is new or returning to a particular test.
- _vis_opt_out: This cookie indicates that the visitor is not part of the test. This cookie is valid for 10 years.
- EXPERIMENT ID refers to the ID of the test, and GOAL ID refers to the ID of the goal.
- _vwo_uuid: This cookie generates a unique ID for every visitor and is used for the report segmentation feature in VWO. It also allows you to view data in a more refined manner. If you have a test running on multiple domains, you will notice test-specific UUID values.
- In the _vis_opt_exp_EXPERIMENT_ID_combi cookie, the Control always has the value of 1, Variation #1 always has the value of 2, Variation #2 has the value of 3, and so on.
Change Cookie Duration
In this example, the cookie will last for a day only. To change the number of days, change the value from 1 to the required number of days. Note that after the cookies are created, the duration cannot be altered.
_vis_opt_cookieDays = 1;