After your A/B, Multivariate, or Split URL test determines a winner, you can deploy the winning variation as your new Control, using one of the following ways:
- Re-create the changes at the backend of your website: This can be done by adding the code snippet corresponding to the variation changes and then hosting the new page content in place of the previous Control. You can do it on your own or take help from your developer.
- Use VWO: In the absence of a developer, you can use VWO to deploy the winning version. (Note that using VWO consumes your visitor quota.) Here are the steps:
- Pause the current campaign and then create its clone. Keep only the winner variation and then delete all other existing variations. (The original Control cannot be deleted.) ATTENTION Always use a clone when you want to make changes to the currently running campaign. The reason is that any visitor who is a part of the existing campaign continues to get the same version of the page based on the campaign cookie, even if you disable that version. A cloned campaign generates new cookies that logs every visitor as a new visitor.
- Add new variations per your requirement to the new cloned campaign.
- Disable the original Control version of the campaign. Click here to know more about disabling a variation.
- Set the winner variation from the old campaign as the base for calculation. Click here to read more on changing the base for calculation. Therefore, you will be able to baseline the winning version as the new Control for your future campaigns.ATTENTION This method is applicable to A/B, Split URL, MVT, and Personalization Campaigns that you set up in VWO.
- Pause the current campaign and then create its clone. Keep only the winner variation and then delete all other existing variations. (The original Control cannot be deleted.)