Many customers use VWO to manage multiple domains and prefer to manage each website under a different subaccount. By default, the visitors for both research and testing are consumed by the main account and all the subaccounts. In this approach, the traffic for each website differs from another. VWO adjusts the sampling rate for a subaccount dynamically.
You can now allocate visitors for every subaccount according to the traffic volume and requirements. The account administrator for the main account can create subaccounts and define visitor traffic allocation for each subaccount. The research sampling rate is dynamically adjusted based on the number of visitors you allocate for an account.
This feature is only available on request. You can contact VWO support for more details. To view data use for your visitor allocation, select the Settings icon on the upper left of the VWO dashboard, and then select Account > Visitor Allocation.
The page displays both Testing and Research visitors allocated to the main account and the allocated usage for subaccounts, if any. The allocation usage is categorized into three main sections:
- Allocated Usage: Displays the allocated visitor count and actual usage for each subaccount defined for the account. If no subaccounts are defined, there is no allocation and all accounts remain in the unallocated pool.
- Unallocated usage: The total visitor traffic that is remaining under the main account and has not been allocated for any subaccounts. If you have not allocated visitors to any account, all the accounts will be listed under unallocated usage.
- Disabled accounts: Accounts that have been disabled. The number of visitors consumed by the account prior to their disabling is displayed for each account.
To allocate visitors for subaccounts or update existing allocation, click Edit Allocation.
- Click Allocate Visitors for each subaccount where you want to allocate visitors.
- Use the slider, or enter traffic percentage or count that you want to allocate for the specific subaccount. For example, if your account has a total of 1,000 visitors, 20% allocation to a subaccount would mean that 200 visitors are allocated to the subaccount.
- To remove allocation from a subaccount, click Remove Allocation. If the removed subaccount has already consumed any visitor traffic, the allocation and usage is correspondingly displayed.
- To make the changes, click Save.
- Use the Visitor Allocation option only when it is necessary for your account.
- Do not change the allocation multiple times, as it may skew your reports.