We get bored (and frustrated) if we think it has been long since we last stretched the limits of A/B testing. So, in order to kill boredom and feel happy, we added a new feature to Visual Website Optimizer. The new feature, called Browse Mode, allows you to browse your website inside the visual designer and design tests spanning multiple pages. It even allows you to interact with login or other forms, so that you can create tests for the locked in parts of your application.
Have a look at the following 2 minute screencast which demonstrates how to create an A/B test inside (WordPress) application:
Other uses of browse mode:
- If you are creating a site-wide test, you can browse to different pages to preview how the variations look across the site.
- You can create a funnel test where the same test runs on different pages of the funnel with different sections being tested. For example, if your registration funnel is of 3 pages, you can test generic elements such as styling and theming of those 3 pages (using CSS) and you can test any functionality that is specific to respective pages
- You can create tests on the Checkout page of your eCommerce site after simulating a purchase
- You can create test on post-signup page for your users by simulating a signup
- You can create tests on membership tests, web apps, forums or any website that requires login
Technical details on how we did it: