You can delete a test variation only if the campaign is “Not Started” state. But, you cannot delete variations from a running or paused test. Deleting variations from a running campaign will affect the statistical integrity of your website data because running tests would have started collecting data and removing a variation may corrupt your test reports or mislead your decision -making process.
As a best practice, we recommend that you first clone the test, delete the variation from the cloned test, and then start the campaign. To learn how to clone a test, click here.
To delete variations if the test is in the not started mode:
- Open the test you want to edit.
- Click the three vertical dots next to Start.
- To open the page in the VWO editor, select Modify in Editor.
- In the editor, go to the Variations section, and then click the Settings gear icon.
- In Variation 1 options, click Remove to delete the variation.
You can also disable a variation if you no longer need it for the test. Click here to learn how to disable a variation.