A UUID is a sequence of 32 hexadecimal digits, used to identify your website visitors. VWO drops a cookie in the browser settings of all your website visitors, which contains the unique identification code, such as 3F2504E04F8911D39A0C-0305E82C3301. The VWO UUID is browser specific and can differ for the user across multiple browsers.
- Click the View Site Information section with the Lock icon in your Chrome browser address bar
- Go to Cookies and select Show Cookies
- In the Cookie in use window, under the Allowed tab, go to vwo.com domain
- Under vwo.com, select the cookie named _vwo_uuid
- After selecting, Copy the content ID. The 32 digit code comprising numbers and alphabets is your VWO UUID.
- Click Show site information icon on the Firefox browser address bar.
- In VWO Site Security pop-up, click More Information
- In the Page Info window that pops up, under the Security tab, select View Cookies.
- In the Cookie information window, select _vwo_uuid cookie name and view the Content ID, which is your VWO UUID for the browser.
Using VWO to Download Data for Specific UUID
Using VWO, you can now extract or download data for specific UUIDs or visitor landing on your website that has VWO code installed.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner of the VWO dashboard.
- Under Accounts tab, select General sub-tab and go to Extract/Delete Data for a Specific UUID.
- Enter the UUID number of the user who data you want to download.
- Select Download Data or Delete Data as required.
After we have received your request, VWO support team will contact you shortly.