Deriving meaningful insights from your test campaigns and applying them to improve your website’s conversion rate is the ultimate objective of your test campaigns. The test campaign reports help you to validate the hypothesis you test during the test and derive a better understanding of visitor behavior on your website.
To access a test report, select the test-type you want to interpret the report for. The test-types include A/B, Multivariate, Split URL, Mobile A/B, Server A/B, and Conversion. The reports for all these test-types are similar. In this article, let’s pick a Multivariate test report to understand how you can interpret a VWO test report.
From the list of Multivariate tests, select the test for which you want to view the report.
On the summary page of the test you have selected, click the Detailed Report tab to view individual reports for all the goals and variations in the campaign.
- To view a specific goal’s report, select the goal from all the goals listed on the right side of the dashboard.
- To view report for the different combinations/variations in your test, click the Variations tab under Detailed Report. Next, select a combination from all the combinations listed on the right side of the dashboard.
The graphical reports displays the performance of your goals and variation. You can filter the reports data from the graph using the following parameters:
Filter by Data Type
- Conversion rates: The percentage of unique visitors who took the desired action and triggered the goal.
- Conversions: The number of unique visitors who triggered the goal.
- Visitors: The total number of unique visitors who visited the campaign page.
- Revenue: Displays the revenue generated for the goal. This filter works only if you have defined a revenue goal in the campaign.
Filter by Date
Specify a date range for which you want to view the reports. You can also select to view day-wise reports or cumulative reports.
Filter data by Visitor Segments
Click the segment you want to view the reports for and click Apply. The goal performance chart is filtered to display the relevant data after selecting a particular segment. To know more about enabling report segmentation for a goal, click here.
- Conversion Rate Range: The range within which the actual conversion rate lies, taking into consideration the margin of error you are willing to accept. For example, if the conversion rates range for a variation is 8.23% (+-2%), then the conversion range of the variation would be between 6.23% – 10.23%.
- Improvement: The improvement in the conversion percentage of a variation as compared to the conversion percentage of the Control. This value is expressed as a range.
- Chance to Beat Control (CTBO): The probability that a variation will perform better than the control version of your website or mobile app. For example, a CTBO of 60% means that the variation is likely to perform better than the control 60% of the time, or there is a 40% chance that your results are completely due to a random chance. To know more about how CTBO is calculated, click here.
- Conversion/Visitors – The ratio of the number of conversions in a variation to the number of visits.