Using VWO, you can create tests for mobile-enabled or responsive websites for visitors accessing your website through mobile and other devices. To create test for mobile-enabled websites, you must select the option to load the pages to mobile device when setting up the test. Only then, VWO will resize and load the website as it would load on the actual device on the Visual Editor where you can edit the interface using VWO point-to-click Editor.
You can create tests for websites accessed from the following devices:
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Windows Phones
To get started, click the test type Test on the navigation menu. Next, in the upper-right corner of the dashboard, click Create.
Setting Up Pages to Test
To set up the test, you can start by entering a title for the test by clicking on the pencil icon against New Campaign. Then, select a hypothesis you want to test during the test, enter URLs of the pages and defining targeting options.
Select Hypothesis to Test
Select or create a hypothesis you want to test during the test. Every test you create using VWO is measured against a hypothesis or idea you want to implement on the website. If you are just starting out and do not have a hypothesis yet, click Create a New Hypothesis to define a hypothesis for testing. To learn more about creating Hypothesis, click here.
Enter URLs to Test
Next, specify the URL of the pages where you want to run the test. You can use URL patterns and regular expressions to run tests site-wide and on multiple pages.
Click the Advanced tab next to the URL field to include or exclude URLs from the test. Using this tab, you can also define advanced pattern-matching options to include either a broad URL with wildcard entries or a specific URL. To learn more about URL options, click here.
Configure More Options
More Options allows you to configure the following advanced settings for the test:
- Open in Code-only Mode: This is an advanced mode for developers that lets you create variations in a code-only mode instead of using the Visual Editor. Variations created using this mode cannot be later edited using the Visual Editor. To learn more about this, click here.
- Load campaign pages on mobile device: Per the device you select, VWO will resize and load the website as it would load on the actual device you selected. You can edit the interface using VWO point-to-click Visual Editor.
If the website URL changes on the device, VWO automatically updates the test URL to the new URL. For example, if you create a normal test on www.example.com and then switch to the iPhone device mode, VWO will automatically update the test URL to the mobile website, such as www.example.com/mobile.
You can now make changes to the website and create variations. To learn how to create variations and further steps in an A/B test, click here.
Define Visitor Segment You Want to Target
You can define a specific visitor groups to track in this heatmap view using different conditions such as geographical location, user device, and other user behaviors. When you enable a view for a specific audience segment, VWO will record the click pattern of the specified group and plot it on the heatmaps report. To learn more about defining audience segments, click here.
- To use a default VWO segment, select the visitor segment you want to target using the Segment Gallery option.
- To create your own custom segment, select the Custom option to define conditions for a segment. To know more about creating custom segments, click here.