Why Self-Host the Test Files
For such self-hosting websites, the VWO servers only register visits and conversions. Typically, self-hosting is more relevant if VWO Content Delivery Network (CDN) does not have a node in or near your country.
- To use the self-hosting option, go to the Finalize screen of the VWO test creation process.
- To download the files that you need to host, click Finish. If you have enabled the self-hosting option, the following files appear on the Campaign Created Successfully page:
- vwo_test_1.js, where the number denotes the number of test
Attention: This file is unique for each test you create. You must download the file for every test you want to host on your server.
- Before starting the test, upload the files to your server.
- Download the same files again and upload them to servers every time you update the test.
Enabling Self-Hosting Option for an Existing Test
For an existing test, you can enable the option from the View/Edit Test Details section of your test details page. Please note that cross-domain tracking capability is not supported for Website Research – Analyze and Track features.
If you are running multiple test on a single page, download the test-specific files (vwo_test_YourCampaignID.js) for each test and upload them to your server. However, you need not upload the common VWO script (vwo_static.js or vwo_no_jquery.js) for each test. One common script will work for all the tests.